Sunday, June 01, 2008

Hear Me Out
|

(by MEL-. Umm this was inspired by some event today. Hmm, well..I'm
not gonna let myself slip into pessimistic mode. So here's a poem to pour out what's within me. It can also be
a plea from anybody who suffers due to the aftermath of a disaster or some abuse, etc etc.)


Movies tell lies,
as directors try to convince the world
Of sweet fairytales and everlasting bliss
Hurting heartbreaks with immediate release
But after watching
we return to reality

Thinking about the things that make us upset
Hoping to find eternal happiness
But sometimes, we drown in anguish
The pain that takes us away from our naivety
Yes, we're awaken.

But here I am
Trying to hold on
Just to be strong
Not to retaliate
Survive the lashings of everyday
That corner me;

I feel so empty and forlorn
Tears have not threatened to spill
But my heart is a mere vessel
Throbbing and pounding with pain
Eating up what's left of me
And it's all disappearing.

I wish they'd listen
But then again I don't know what I can say to them
Everytime I try to speak
But I know that it's no use
It's no use.

So i'll carry on with this life
Wishing and hoping and dreaming
For everything that I can't have

I keep trying to explain
But the words are stuck at the edge of my tongue
Other words enter my ear
They carve out another piece of my heart
I'm trapped.

What must I do to be understood?
And not be hurt again?
Another phase, another episode filled with dread.

Don't tell me to look in the mirror and reflect
Stop laughing at my quivering hands and feet
Quit repeating those venomous words of yours
And stop, stop, STOP
I cannot be as ugly as you make me out to be.

If I could write you a letter,
I'd tell you how much I'm hurting right now
But then,
you'd just throw it aside
Mortify my pride as you always do..
I'm nothing to you.

That's all I have to say
I'll wail and scream and holler and shout
And expect to be accused for acting like a victim
Who craves for attention and pity
But I'm not your punching bag
That -- I must clarify.
I'm just a HUMAN BEING pleading to be heard..

If I weep,
The rest of the world hears me.
..But you don't.

5:00 PM

`____mellisais productions-   Â©2005-2006





blog
this is a place where we compose poems and whatever we want. if you don't like it, DON'T READ IT.

the composers
melissa - elisabeth
mel/lissa - lisais
18 - 18
chij st.j - sphs

hotmail:
mel.isforreal - peachypeachypeach

aim:
n/a - whheex

gmail: thebeautiful.letdown@gmail.com - n/a

domains
mel
lisais

previous compositions
- Stabbed
- rising from the horizon
- Solitary night
- Pain.
- Rain
- sunny day
- The Ruined Lands
- Il y a une fleur seule
- Figure Beauty Out
- One for the gossipers


the oddities

View My Stats

credits
skin layout - rach